Monday, November 24, 2014

Library Wine for lunch

One of our wonderful wine club members just ordered a few bottles of our older wines for Thanksgiving. 2005,2006,2007 Pinot Noir from the Aubaine vineyard to be precise.


For lunch I decided to open the 2006. Here are my notes:


Sandalwood, sage, cola, rose petal, mushroom, forest floor. Very complex and layered aromatics. Still sweet mid, lift of acid on finish. For the consumer who knows and drinks burgundy this wine still has 3-5 years left in it. For the consumer who values Pinot Noir for its youthful fruit and concentration this wine is towards its useful life.


For me, I love this wine in its current state. Very layered and a complexity that only comes from time and great vineyards. It paired well with my left over baked Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and sausage from dinner that Cheri cooked last night. Cheers!





Work,work,work.....

No comments: