Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kathy's Pick !

Food & Wine CuisineKathy's Pick

Sinor-LaVallee 2006 Pinot Noir Aubaine Vineyard Arroyo Grande Valley

by

KATHY MARCKS HARDESTY

During the holidays, I love bringing special bottles of Central Coast wines up from my cellar to share with my guests. And this winery is always among those I like showing off. This complex wine offers a mouthful of ripe black fruit and wild berry notes, highlighted with spice, earth, leather, and smoke. I find Pinot Noir the most versatile red for the table and a great choice for special meals, be it roast turkey, salmon, seared ahi, or prime rib. The quality/value ratio makes this a great buy, even at $40 retail. But do let me know if you find a French Burgundy nearly as good at the same price. Just about to be released into the local market, typically found at Monterey St. Wine Co. and 15 Degrees C wine shops, this wine can be ordered early at
http://www.sinorlavallee.com/.

No comments: