Saturday, September 06, 2008

Gliding through a memory of a time yet to come...

One of my all time favorite Beastie Boys lyrics that remind me of harvest time and thinking ahead to the finished wines ……Weather in the Edna and Arroyo Grande Valleys has been picture perfect. I harvested my second pick of Talley-Rincon yesterday in fog was so thick that I could not see the other side of my one acre block.
Also early in the week I pressed off my fist pick of Rincon Pinot. I cannot remember the last time I had pressed off a tank before anything else was harvested. How cool would that be if was always like this?
Stopped by yesterday to bring beer to Steve Dooley (http://www.stephenrosswine.com) at his new winery. As his cellar crew was weighting out Zin from Dusi, I gave him a hand hanging new refrigeration coils. Once again the romance of the business includes hammers, cheater bars, and one old school drill press that took a bite out of Steve’s hand.
So…where in the hell are all the other guys that said they were going to post to this thing?
Sinor out.

No comments: